Career, Choices, Changes

Months ago, I came to a province far from where I live, with a language I had very little knowledge of. Away from my family, my friends, my school, my comfort zone. I had to start all over again. Mind you, there weren’t any promises. In fact there were well meaning mild warnings that I should not expect anything (career-related). But it was with much prayers, careful study, and counsels from those older than me that I made the move. Fast forward to now, the transition was not smooth. In fact, the waves were constantly churning.

The “promises” that weren’t actually made, were in actuality, not kept too. Confusing times,but surprisingly, I am at peace. Truly there is wisdom in the Psalm that “[It is] better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.” When one surrenders to God, hard times will be still be peaceful times. And truly, as written in my high school yearbook, "All things happen for a reason-God's reason". 

I am blessed to be where I am now, more mature, with a new language down to a pat, richer in experiences, humbler in spirit and simpler in wants. In a way, practicing “country living”,  I guess. God placed me where I am now and it is in Him that I put my trust. And as I wait, He renews me constantly. With a joyous and trusting heart, I can sing:

Lord, as I seek your guidance for the day,
I find my thoughts unyielding: confusion clouds my way,
But, then when I bow to you, the challenges you guide me through,
Your promises are ever new: I claim them for today.

Your will cannot lead me where your grace cannot keep me.
Your hand will protect me: I rest in your care.
Your eyes will watch over me: Your love will forgive me.
And when I am faltering, I still will find you there.

Each new day’s design is guided by your hand,
And graciously revealed as I seek your Master plan.
Keep my footsteps faithful when from you I go.
Return me to the joy that your blessings can bestow.

 -Grace (by Carolin Hamlin)

Comments

Popular Posts