Time Saver


Everyone has issues with time. When I was four years old and left with no playmates because all my siblings were in school, I wanted to go to school too. When I was in elementary, I was dying to go to high school. High school was no picnic either. It was a painful way to learn about people and about yourself but it set the stage for me itching to go to college.

 I enjoyed college! Not so much within the four walls of the classroom because I rarely stayed there. I explored not just places but different facets of personalities and tried stuff I've never done before. It was during then too that I valued time as a luxury. I remembered one summer break where I took an Advanced Calculus class (not because I'm smart nor because I flunked it. It's another story). I had an 8 hour job in a call center, graveyard shift . I taught beginner violin classes. And I had a 3 hour summer class to contend with. Plus our choir had an upcoming concert so I had to squeeze in a minimum of 2 hour practice before I go to work.


 I looked like a ghost after that semester. I thankfully did not get sick during that time. Not to say that I'm recommending it. I knew that I should take care of my body, it being God's temple. But that set the precedent and I think will set the precedent for the rest  of my life. I just can't stay still. I have to do something or I might burst in inactivity.

 With the help of family and friends, I've been able to juggle a lot of things at the same time till now. Blogging included. Here are some tips to those who have a hard time managing their time (pun intended) and for those who think they should stop being couch potatoes but can't seem to get their butts of the couch (pun intended again).

1.                Set a time frame for your activities.
     Sundays aren't lazy days for me. By Friday I've mapped out what I have to do on                                               Sunday already. By the hour. Try to stick to the schedule and it will be easier next time.

2.                Delegate not so important activities.
 Find someone you can trust. I have the best person for this job, my sister. Since she has more free time in her hands, I generally ask her to do stuff I can't do anymore like paying my phone bills and purchasing some items.

3.                Get at least 6 hours of sleep daily and preferably start sleeping between 8-10 pm.
Lack of sleep will only make you cranky and more prone to mistakes hence defeating the goal of being efficient.

4.                Make your to do list a day before. 
Make sure it's MART too. Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time Bound.

5.                Set your priorities.

 This is one of the keys in not getting stressed over conflicting appointments or duties. If you know the order of your priorities, it will be easier for you to make choices.
6.                Take a breather.

 Exercise. Spend time with your loved ones or your friends. Read an informative book.

7.                Remember that we are accountable to God on how we use our time.
Therefore, we should use it wisely.

  This made life a lot easier for me. And I hope it does the same thing for you. 

Comments

Popular Posts