It's Just A Number , Sister!

You're the second mother I needed.. the bestfriend i know I'll always have... you know me too well... a little to well you would just respond with short 'hahas' but I know that's loaded... you can almost read my mind... and speak to my soul... you are home...


The day I said goodbye to the comforts of home was filled with apprehension... apprehension for days ahead without you... i had sadly,  become too dependent on you... clingy na gni... kag ako pa may gana mangakig kis. A... the Lord in His wisdom willed that it was for my own character growth to be weaned off you...

One of my first memories of you was on your fourth birthday. I was nearly two then. You had your full grin. While i was a pint sized version of me. Twas captured in a boxed, flat,one dimensional image. I was forlorn and looking envious. You had your big cake in front of you,  gums and dimples flashing.

March 2,1987. As affirmed by mama,  you were a welcome baby. Figured you would be after raising two boys with just a few years gap in between. The  testosterone filled environment probably caused mama to be a lil crey-crey.  So skirts,  ruffles, ribbons, ballet, dresses,  pinks,  red lip smacking lipstick and Little Miss pageants. Everything brand new, everything for you, the princess of the family!

But two years and 16 days after your birth, an intrusion (lol)  came to the family..
And became your lil shadow... i followed you almost all the time... until the day the roles were reversed because i was the more reckless, impulsive, and more bent to act on curiosity between the two of us... and as the older one,  you naturally had this protective instinct for your foolish sister.

MOST NEAT AND CLEAN. TOP 10. SENATOR. BRIGHTEST IN CLASS. FOLK DANCER. VOLLEYBALL PLAYER. were among your accolades in elementary. And we were in the same school. Plus you had your admirers to boot. (bear and flowers in grade 3). Early bloomer ka guid man ah.

And since you pressured yourself to excel, mama and papa adapted to your expectations too!  Hello high school and hello CAT! Twas probably the only time our parents were particular about their kid  being in the top ten.

Enter college and you spent 1.5 years in the best university ever (:p)  before you decided that you want to be a nightingale while earning well at the same time. And so of course,  you went to become a nurse and because you love me so much you wanted us to graduate together in 2009. Haha

(Bale du biography mo ni eh noh.) I know we went to countless fights esp during high school complete with gan-itanay and guramosay. We were that mature. Lol. But as we grew older and as the Holy Spirit moved our hearts to change, you became more than just my biological sister. We would sleep late till midnight especially after we havent seen  each other for the whole day. Grabe noh. I would pour out my heart to you and you would reply with your monosyllabic words of wisdom I've learned to understand and appreciate.

Thanks for your patience with the numerous mistakes you saw me commit (sometimes deliberately)  in all areas of my life. Thanks for looking after me. Thanks for being an example of a godly woman. I remember the times I would act like a spoiled brat and you would huff and puff but still would cater to my whims and caprices. And i know i am loved. Anyone would be blessed to be the object of that love God has put in your heart for others.

No fancy pictures.. no flashy videos.. kibot ka lang ara na k sagwa apartment mo!  Haha... But know that in my heart "I paint a picture" of us together. Distance isn't an issue. I just miss you. And am praying that all is well and that you continue to make God your strength in  everything you do.

Comments

  1. Wow! Both lovely lady and beautiful.. I am now a semi-stalker right now.. What am doing?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts