SG Drama



My predeparture antics never seem to run out. This is one is definitely for the books. Here's my attempt at sharing my eventful day.

11:30 AM Done packing. Walked out in the rain dragging my almost waterproof bag.

11:45 AM Mom asked me to get additional baggage for padalas for my sister. Went online and did as she requested.

12:03 PM Sat down at the store across the office waiting for the bright yellow bus. Figured I had plenty of time with some to spare before going to the airport.

12:30 PM Still no bus.

12:47 PM Getting worried already. Confirmed with a friend who has a relative working for Ceres if they had trips for the day. She said yes and greeted me a Merry Christmas. Greeted her back.

1:03 PM A friend suggested that I just go to the terminal to confirm if they had trips and so I can choose a comfortable seat.

1:09 PM Hailed a Ceres bus as it was about to leave the terminal. It was packed to the rafters with passengers and luggage. I had to step on the seat to get on my mine. Nevertheless, praise God!

1:15 PM Passed by the office to load my almost waterproof, glossy black Huskies trolley.

1:15 PM- 4: something PM Burned through 3 or 4 audio sermons. Slept fitfully. Wind was blowing all over the place. The non AC was soooo slow. Like Palawan bus slow. Like take your time, its a holiday, were not in a hurry, lets pick up as many passengers as we can kind of slow.

4:40 PM Only the Holy Spirit could have done that. I realized with a sinking heart that I forgot my passport. Yes, my passport. The most important document in my trip.

4:41 PM Called a friend, requested politely albeit urgently to get my passport as well as my authority to travel. Friend sleepily said yes.

4:55 PM Instructions of location sent via text. An open air bus is not a good place for clear calls.

5:15 PM (According to friend) Did an action star stunt to hail an AC Ceres Bus with body number 6291. Repeat, 6291.

5:45 PM Arrived at home still in a relaxed state despite the more than 5 hour trip.

6:12 PM Ate dinner. Laughed. Talked to my parents. Met the newest fluffballs at home.
Did last minute packing with additional stuff my mom wanted sent. Changed clothes.

7:15 PM At the airport. Denied check in without passport. The lady said that 9:05 PM was the last time for check in. Mentally berated myself for not checking in online earlier. At least 4 hours before the flight that is.

7:34 PM On our way to the Ceres terminal to ask if they had the exact location of 6291. I was frazzled already. Praying, praying. Did some mental calculations to see if we could make it on time. Heart sinking. Not hopeful.

8:08 PM Arrived at Ceres Bus Terminal to ask for exact location of 6291.

8:30 PM Due to misinformation I lost my temper. Not good at all. Trying to control yourself is trying to control an oncoming train wreck. You cannot do it. Drove to Zarraga plaza to meet up the bus there. Its kinda hard to see the body number of bus when its mobile.

8:35 PM Brooded about not going. I got outside of the car, crossed the street, and prayed silently. The Lord convicted me of my stubborness. It was my fault not theirs that I forgot my passport. I had no right at all to lash out my frazzled nerves at them.

8:45 PM Waiting.

8:52 PM Hailed a bus thinking it was IT. It wasn't. I asked him instead if he knew where 6291 was. He said it was the next bus.

8:55 PM Hailed 6291. It slowed down but it didn't stop. Even after me slamming on its side. Grrr.

9:00 PM Chased it down. I got the package and got on the car in a jiffy. It was like getting the next clue on Amazing Race. Except that the clue was tightly and securely wrapped in paper bound by adhesive tape. Impressive wrapping under such a short time.

9:16 PM Touchdown airport! Why is it that the guards become more finicky just when youre in a hurry? Or its just me. Lady at the counter checked me in. Yay!

Stuff I realized:

1. Just one thing. Just a single thing can throw us off track, tick us off, or cause our denial to heaven. I thought I had packed well, planned well. I thought wrong.

2. I have awesome parents. And the Holy Spirit really has worked in improving. While they would usually be harangued and stressed out over my negligence ("Forgetting your passport?! O c'mon!"), they calmly helped me yesterday, driving back and forth and with minimal blaming. They were silent even when I blew a fuse. Of course my treatment towards them shouldn't be dependent on their treatment towards but nevertheless it was just reassuring that my parents had my back. And were praying for God's will. Even if I missed the flight, it was fine with me.

3. I cannot make myself righteous. No matter how hard I practice self control. If I relied on my strength, not leaning on the arms of the Divine, I would surely stumble and fall. In all areas of my life particularly in dealing with sin. Only by His leading and by surrender to Him can I do the right thing.

Whew. More adventures to come!

Comments

Popular Posts