A Leaf From My Journal

January 25, 2017

I miss writing. I just miss it. The light tapping on my old phone. Hitting the X button. Only to realize that to write, one should just blabber. And proof read later. Except that I have the tendency to sometimes just blabber. Then not proofread. That makes me an incompetent and inept writer. But a writer all the same. Its 11:36 PM and I'm trying to wrap my head around "unconditional promises".
Yup. This is not a hugot, this is Negotiable Instruments Law. I'm reading from a reviewer and its my first time to actually read this reviewer, on this topic. And with less than 48 hours to go, I have 400 plus pages to breeze through. Breeze is a positive and dangerously optimistic word. It connotes ease, quick comprehension, the pursuit of an enjoyable activity like I have deidetic memory or something. Sigh. I don't. But its okay. This is taking soooooo much longer than I've signed on for but the word "surrender" has often times led to a lot of struggle. When I say surrender, it means my surrendering to His purpose and to His ways. Yup. I'm giving up this endeavor. Giving it up to Him. The struggle with the Sabbath problems has been greatly simplified and I am at peace. It may take one year, or two, or three or never. I have forgotten a majority of what I have learned (or crammed) for the past X number of years. My chances of passing the bar is down to nil. But I've learned so much. Oh so much. A teacher said that you don't go to law school just to study. Unless you enjoy studying. You go there to become a lawyer. A lot of people may think I'm a little whacked in the head for saying this but at this point, becoming a lawyer is less of the goal. Being in different law schools (3 to be precise), meeting new and awesome people, learning incredibly difficult but utterly useful and relevant knowledge, standing up for Exodus 20:8 among other commandments, a flawed, perfectly imperfect, inconsistent sinner like me, hopefully, has been used by God to be an example to both believers and unbelievers. An example of standing up for one's convictions and beliefs in an age of increasing spineless homo sapiens, no matter the cost.

Whoa. Its 11:50 PM already. I really should be reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts