I Like Surprises

I am so blessed to have another set of family here in my other hometown. 

Last Saturday, my church family serenaded me in the wee hours of the morning. I was soundly asleep at 5 am when I heard the faint strains of a guitar strumming then followed by their soft voices. I did not expect them at all. I was the adamant voice against serenading fellow members during their birthdays since I would rather have it done to other friends we were "wooing". But truth be told, it was a heartwarming and a touching gesture to see your friends wake up early and surprise you. They even brought pandesal and Milo with them. Hearing their prayers for me and their testimonies of how I've touched lives almost choked me. I don't deserve it and really give back all the glory to Him.

At lunch, they also had a spread prepared complete with the birthday cake. 

Yesterday, the office also held a party for us since my birthday coincided with our Manager's birthday. I was touched by the tarp they had printed. Okay... okay. I'm more or less an environmentalist but the effort they made... It's touching. Maybe its the age or the hormones. Gifts are starting to be more meaningful especially if they come from people you value. 

I am usually a practical gal, choosing utility over aesthetics. But a break from the monotony plus the unexpectedness of it all almost made me teary-eyed. I like planning events or surprises for other people but with no expectation whatsoever for any reciprocation. I just like it. Making people happy. But if and when other people make you feel special, I become mushy. Thank you Lord for another year!



This is the tarpaulin they had made. 

Praying before the food.

Our birthday cake! (Which I tasted only today)

With my pretty and seemingly ageless manager.

My crew here in Aklan.

Comments

Popular Posts