A Promdi's Bar Chronicles

This blog will be my online diary for my bar review experience. I figured this would be less time consuming than my usual vlogs on my channel. I hope this helps students who plan to take up law, who are taking up law right now or even those who are an in a similar situation. We can do this! By God’s grace we can. Pass or fail, we are Sui generis as the late Dean Riano said. We can never know if we will be lawyers until we hurdle the hardest bar in our lives. 

May
I’ve already enrolled in Villasis Law Center. I enrolled online since I am from Aklan and although I haven’t been to the Review Center, the schedule as well as the fees look promising. I go to church on Saturdays so a weekend schedule would do me little good and consequently wouldn’t be a financially sound decision. With preweek included, I paid 19,000. This included a VLC shirt, transparent bag, handouts, one on one and the review until preweek.  Their weekend schedule is from Monday to Thursday, 5-9pm. My bar kitty is 19,000 lighter which brings it to 54,000. Surely a walk by faith especially since my study leave application is yet to be approved. 

My study buddy is already in Manila and is scouting for a potential temp home for the duration of our review. 

May 22, 2019

Time is ticking before I leave for Manila. Just travelled the whole day for my college best friend’s wedding. It was fun, sweet, simple and inspiring. Not a lot of frills but what made it heartfelt was the messages from their family and friends. Also attended a funeral service before I went home. I only read about 5 pages from the UP Legal Ethics Reviewer. PYC starts next week so ….. I feel like I’m being pulled into so many directions so help me God. 

May 23, 2019
This was a very tiring day. It was a half day filled with bar application requirements. Since I’ve decided to mail in my application for the bar examinations, I wanted to complete the documents before leaving for Manila. The requirements were the same as last year’s and were downloaded via the SC website. Just some notes if you will be passing by mail:
  1. Print the petition to apply for the bar in long sized bond paper and write on the blanks. Same with the form for the testimonial.
  2. Buy documentary stamps at the BIR (bought mine for P 15). If you have certified true copy documents, buy another documentary stamp.
  3. The testimonial requirement by a lawyer is a reminder that it is important to make friends with your teachers and your law classmates. :)
  4. Make sure your ID pictures are sized appropriately and unretouched.
  5. Check everything thoroughly. Print the requirements form and make physical check marks to ensure that you don’t overlook anything. 

Bar expenses for the day:
Documentary stamps 2pcs= P 30.00
Filing fee= P 3,750.00
Estimate for the mail= P 250.00

An angel in the form of my law classmate now lawyer volunteered to help us in filing so that we won’t have to worry about it during the start of the review. She gave free notarial services for the petition as well! Yay! 

May 28, 2019
I did not get to read anything about the law. Just the law of God because it is PYC. But I did get the good news that my study leave has been approved! Yes! 


June 4, 2019 10:44 AM
I’m in the airport right now. It was an exhausting day yesterday, emotionally and physically. God’s blessings were very evident through and through though which is a great comfort. I packed all the necessary books and notes that I need sent in a used balikbayan box which CAPEX picked up. The recommendation of CAPEX by Janjan was God’s providence. They were cheaper than AP Cargo and they only took the dimensions to compute the fees. Not the declared value or the weight. I happily paid the P 730 fee and even gave them tip. I added 25kg in my airport luggage, did my laundry, finished some reports, copied files in my 500gb USB (bought from Shop), not necessarily in that order but it was busy. 

Bar expenses for the day:
Supplies- 200
Laundry- 320
Freight- 900 

June 17, 2019
It's a scorching 1:18 PM outside. The AC is a blessing. Studying for the laborious Labor. We'll have a mock bar tomorrow. How is it so far? Hmmm. I'm overwhelmed and unsure of what to study, how to go about, and very much insecure about my "stock" knowledge or the obvious fact that I have none. But it's a daily battle and although I don't know how to go about it in a foolproof way, I do just that, continue and trudge this path of seemingly interminable difficulties day by day. I am sorely lacking but His grace is sufficient. Blessings!

June 24, 2019
It’s 4:46 AM and I’m listening to the Nebblett’s on Spotify. The song is “How Deep the Father’s Love” and  is a fitting one everyday, all the time. 

We studied salient parts of the law on sales with Professor Rabuya yesterday. He discussed only the highlights and in a very basic manner. I appreciated his rare quality of not peppering his lecture with green jokes as most male lecturers we’ve had have been wont to do. But I’m contemplating whether I should attend his lecture tonight given the backlog I have. 

Blessings! 





Comments

Popular Posts