Preparing For The Bar Exams And Sabbath

I have come to the realization that the months and weeks that will be leading to the Bar will be an even more intense mental experience so I will try to avoid opening the blog with the bleakness of my rigorous study. Questions on my sanity and why I am inflicting upon myself this.... extremely radical neural exercise (to say the least) shall be lessened from now on. 

I sound morbid and I should not. I should speak faith and hope and love. Especially since its Sabbath.

Anyway, I love Sabbaths but there probably has never been a time that I love it even more than now. It's my oasis, my rest, my bringer of peace. It's that moment when my frenetic energy and my worrisome nature, my insecurities, and my doubts are put to a halt. "I am the God of the Sabbath and I am in control. You have to learn (again and again) to surrender the reins of your life in My keeping."

The reason why it took me 7.5 years to finish my law degree is because He wanted me to honor His Sabbath. I am self aware that I am sinner, my righteousness is as filthy, but by His grace, He gave me that love for Him in my heart to keep this divine institution founded since the beginning of time. Because one of the great paradoxes of life is the finiteness of time and the immeasurability of His power. 

Being a commute newbie here in the bustling city of Manila, it took us 30 minutes to hail our ride to church. And since it was already bursting to the seams, we had to stand during the whole forty five minute ride for a five kilometer destination. Our lovely driver had this propensity to drive with the mentality of a hatchback, braking incessantly and trying to squeeze in between vehicles, and calling for passengers even though we were hanging on for our dear lives. It was a cheap roller coaster ride. But I was happy because I could listen to an audio sermon. 

I love that I have 24 hours of rest from trying to comprehend our legal tomes. Two hours before the sunset earlier, my heart was glad and my hands were light as I cleared our small, white study table from the clutter of highlighters, pens, notebooks, hand outs and books. 

I love that I have the time to sing songs, devote time to reading His word without hurry (guilty on some days) and bask in His sweet presence. 

I love that I have time to reconnect with friends and family and especially solicit their intercessory prayers and even sing 'Jesus Loves Me' to my ever growing precocious nephew. 

I love that I actually have time to write purposefully of His greatness  even if I know I am unworthy to be on the receiving end. 

Leaving you with these lines (and a link as well) to the song Temple Made Of Time

"Oft forsaken and forgotten, desecrated and profaned
But the sacred fourth commandment is still valid and unchanged
Hear the Father gently calling “If you love Me, heed each one,
Not for merit or salvation, but because you love My Son.”







Comments

  1. Praying for you maze
    You can do itπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts