Of Drugs, Babies and Homecomings

Hello! This is me missing the blogsphere. For the few OG readers I have, thank you for patiently waiting. A lot has happened since my last post. I was not able to update the bar chronicles unfortunately but y’know, things happen. Anyhoo, I’ve been out of the loop because the six month grueling torture brought exhaustion to my bones and said exhaustion brought laziness to my body and soul. 

The aforementioned torture also brought an illness which debilitated me from work for about 2 weeks. (Doctor said I needed freedom from stress for said period so I took it to heart and applied my barely used sick leave credits). I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism thus explaining my massive weight loss (about 7 kgs), propensity to poop after every meal, racing heartbeat, and protruding eyeballs. I was quite happy with the weight loss which I thought was only natural with the stress and all but deep in my heart of hearts I knew it was supposed to have the opposite effect knowing my body, i.e. I should have gotten fat. But yes that happened and life continues. 

I finally met my baby niece who is the cutest bundle of joy and who successfully completed my conversion from anti-babies to babies are the best thing that could happen in one’s existence. Yup. That also happened.

I’ve missed out on a lot during the six months of my reclusion. Another thing which developed, aside from a hyper thyroid was the fondness for just staying at home and not really having a FOMO on socializing. Some things never changed during my leave though; my disruptive officemate, coming home to the cutiest doge named Potchi, my OG friends, among other things. No promises for this year but I’ll try to keep this blog updated while I’m still silent on Youtube.

Let’s love this life. 

Comments

Popular Posts