I’m Getting Married!

Phew. I can’t believe I just typed that. But here I am halfway through the laborious process of planning a wedding. I’m not a bridezilla, I swear! I’m into the details but not INTO the details. You know what I mean? It’s been such a chore trying to balance planning, trying to do business, work and treatments for various ailments. (My T4 levels have plummeted below normal from a previously above normal figure). Some people still can’t seem to wrap their heads around the idea. This little girl is a baby no more!

Anyway, talking about balance, something’s gotta give. I’m burning through my leave credits as we speak. Lol. And am majorly sleep deprived.

We’re almost done sending out wedding invites digitally to our principal and secondary sponsors and to guests. I need to lose weight asap because I can’t seem to fit into the second hand gown I bought off Carousell. (It was 1,500. Basically a steal and will be used for the reception program only).

I still haven’t gotten around to exercising though I am supposed to. I've also restarted the habit of scheduling my day the day before and it has proven to be such a blessing. I haven’t followed every second to the letter but I get a lot of things done. And I’m not tempted to slouch because I don’t want to get behind schedule.

So far, my fiance and I haven’t gotten into major fights yet. Except for the one time I kind of went into panic mode when I felt like we were biting off more than we can chew (i.e. we were inviting a TON of people). Never mind that almost all of them were close to our hearts but it was a panicky moment because we planned to spend within our means and I felt like we were on track on spending above it.

Going and growing through this season together is both an eye opener and a testing period. We will probably have more challenging moments in our life but just drafting a guest list is actually a pretty tense moment. How to weed out people, or replace them, or to pick one over the other. How do you not invite the whole family? Or explain that they can’t have a plus one? This would all have been insufferable and such a chore if we weren’t a team helping and balancing and supporting each other up.

It’s all very new and quite interesting and generally exhausting for us. Not to mention the 160 kilometer distance between our home base and our wedding venue. ‘Tis only by God’s grace that we are able to cope and resist the temptation to just get married in the nearest courthouse. Lol.

So what is our theme and goal? To have a simple, eco-friendly, no frills, possibly on a budget wedding which will glorify God and bring honor to His name. Through the hustle and bustle of this all, we just hope that our wedding will be a blessing to the attendees. We don’t FEEL like a blessing to them but it’s not about our feelings after all. Beyond the wedding day is a (hopefully and God willing) is a long journey ahead of us. The wedding is just the beginning as the cliche goes and I feel it gets truer as the day passes.

Anyhow, here our samples of our wedding invites:






We didn’t intend for it to be different (because a lot of the recipients find it to be so) but our intention was that it would reflect our individual as well as collective personalities. A personalized invitation can feel like going way over our heads (compared to a standard uniform invite) but it was a sweet moment for us to recall that these people are special to us.

I will try to do more updates here soon and your comments are most welcome. To sum up the experience thus far, it has been most exhilarating and stressful at the same time. I hope and pray that I will stay and enjoy and revel in this season, the remaining moments of my singleness, the eve of marriage bliss and just life's simple blessings everyday.

Comments

Popular Posts