My 2019 Bar Exams References List

Prayer is definitely the key ingredient during the bar review. I prayed for grace, for wisdom, for mercy, for discernment. My choice of books were a product of my own research and suggestions from good friends. (This, even, should be prayed for.)
I had my booklist but even along the way I read a lot of books for the first time per recommendation of my buddy. One essential book that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND are the Campanilla reviewers for Criminal Law Review.

For Labor, I stuck with Azucena’s Everyone’s Labor Code, Rex BS’s codals, read a bit from Azucena’s full text and also read both of Atty. Chezie’s reviewers on Labor.

For Political Law, THE Nachura reviewer (and Dean Sarmiento’s PIL at the last minute) were my go tos. And Codal syempre. I used Central Bookstore’s Codal here.

For Civil Law, I actually used Jurado’s 2009 Civil Law Reviewer, Rex BS’s codals and the review center’s lecture notes. My time pa talaga ako mag Jurado. Lol

For Taxation Law, (mejo na overwhelm ako dito), I read Domondon’s Book 2 reviewer (Income Tax), Mamalateo’s reviewer, Atty. Gruba’s book (O forgot which one), a CPA review book, and codals I printed out. (I know, I know. Mejo overkill. And not a good decision. Lol) I also made lots of notes on this subject because it is a waterloo.

For Commercial Law, I did not use any codal. I read parts of Dean Villanueva’s tomelike reviewer but Sundiang and Aquino’s reviewer was my main book. (I think I read this thrice). Nag notes din ako dito sa flashcards because dahil sa dami ng areas to cover.

For Criminal Law, yun na yung sa taas. I tried starting with Atty. Boado’s reviewer pero dahil nakukulangan talaga ako sa aking stock knowledge ay di ko na xa sinubukang tapusin. And Rex BS’s codal.

For Remedial Law, mejo kinapos na kami sa time dahil nilagay sya sa end of the review. Atty. Christian "Kit" Villasis, our review director, is widely known as an expert on this subject so we tried to go to all his lectures (already included in the program). I read hand outs, Riano’s reviewers, and Rex BS’s codals.

Sa Legal Ethics, yung kay Atty. Antiquiera yung ginamit ko. Pero honestly, di na talaga ako nakapag aral ng mabuti for this subject.

Supplementary to the above were the Lex Pareto books, UPLC’s Bar question and answers (this is a must for me), and USC’s 2019 case digests.

During the pre-week, I used the San Beda 2019 pre-week handouts given by our bar ops team and UST’s mem aids. (Hindi na pala ako nagbasa ngmem aid for the PM subjects).

On hindsight, there were definitely things I would have changed and I mentally berated myself before, during and after the bar on why I allocated time for this reading instead this but all things worked for good.

Be flexible, receptive to suggestions, ask for tips but always temper it with your experience and (again) ask for wisdom from the Holy Spirit, read the Bible everyday, and learn how to rest.

God bless sa future takers! Mag comment naman kayo nang sarili nyong references list. 

Comments

Popular Posts