Good Problems

 I can still remember my experience as a bar reviewee like it was yesterday. The bar is a scary (almost traumatic) experience which will lead you to doubt every capability you think you had. In the recesses of your mind (or just maybe mine), my preparation was never enough. But amidst the dark thoughts were gleams of sunshiny periods where I pep talked myself by saying "this is just a test. This won't define me or my future." And of course, the best moments were when I prayed and just lifted it all to God's will. 

To the law students, study your hardest while in law school. You are not just preparing for the bar, you are preparing for the actual legal practice which will squeeze you and make you think once again, you are not enough. It is a constant battle. Yet, the victories are well worth it.

When people asked what were my plans after I become a lawyer, I always say, "I'm just focusing on the bar now. I don't even know if I'll pass. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves." I thought that was a solid plan. But in reality, it's harder than it seems. Lol. Passing the bar is a blessing though. And the opportunities and "problems" that came after it are something I can't complain about. 

But nevertheless, as with most of us, major life decisions especially when there are just so many more factors to consider than before. Should I accept a higher paying job but in a place away from my husband? Should I stay in my present position still far away from him but I'll get to see him oftener? Should I just exit the Agency I've been with for 12 (gasp!) years of my life and finally (equal gasp!) take on the world of private practice which I'm not even sure if I'm capable of? The questions are endless. So are the opportunities. 

Lord, just bless me with people who have good intentions in giving their advice. And more importantly, a sound mind for me to know where you want me to go. I may make plans for myself but most of the time, I'm quite terrible at it. Lol 

Comments

Popular Posts