I Meant It When I Said I Shall Return

This is it, I've decided to go. Just two weeks from now and I'll be going on a week long vacation. Yes! I can publish this of course since I've already filed my leave application/ days off . I may be posting a "What's In My Bag" entry just before the trip so watch out for that. I booked this flight on separate dates as usual. That's  my technique for buying cheap.


This time, our flight from Manila to X* country was booked February this year. I texted my friends to see who wanted to go on a trip with yours truly and one responded. Then, another friend of a friend also expressed her interest to join us so there would be three of us. Our exit from Y country (yes! My first double country trip! My second if Hong Kong -Macau were counted as two countries), was booked last April for my friend. And my friend's friend  who is now my friend (lol) booked hers just last June, 2015.
 
We booked via promo flights courtesy of Cebu Pacific. I mean like, you can bash Cebu Pacific all you want with their delayed flights and all but if it weren't for this budget carrier, my travel footprint would be limited to local sights and may be a once in two years flight abroad. But hey, nothing is impossible with God so if He wants me to go somewhere, promo flights or none, I know He would provide.
 
Expected expenses:
                             Manila to X country   - P 1,700**
                             Y Country to Manila        2,400            4,100
                                                                                          
                              Additional expenses
                                    Travel Tax                 1,620
                                    Terminal fee                 550
                                    Luggage one way         400 (15 kg)
                                    Fare (X to Y)             1,200            3,770
                                TOTAL                                              7,870

Who said going to another country is much toooo expensive? Even if I factor in my accommodation, transportation, and shopping expense, I think it will still be a little less than P 20,000 all in all. In fact, that would be my challenge for this trip: Two Countries, Sub 20K. I would usually budget 1K per day so if that's 7K, the total would still be less than P 20,000 inclusive of tickets so its still within the budget. How do I make the costs go down? Simple. By using the arithmetic of the travel agencies. 


Although I think said arithmetic had its business model on bulk cheap traveling except that the former capitalizes on herds of different species unlike the latter, more commonly known as the "field trip" model which operates on a shared goal and a deeper, more personal relationship among the participants. (That was a lengthy sentence. whew). Simply put, if you want to bring costs down, travel with a buddy. Or two. Or three.


This is the first time I made sort of an itinerary as well. Our time is very limited and further lessened by our land trip from Country X to Y (8-10 hours) so having an itinerary would help a lot in maximizing our time. I'll post the itinerary here as well if all goes well. Haha
 


*hint: The title is a dead giveaway
** figures rounded off  to nearest 100

 

Comments

Popular Posts